Thursday, August 13, 2009

I ain't promising anything...

...but our factory is working very hard to get us a few bags for OTSN. It's going to be one of those deals where we probably won't know for sure until a few days before the show. I'll keep you up to date as best as I can.

Set #1 is officially in the "production" phase. The Test-Shots looked fantastic, and the factory was ready to get rolling on them as soon as I said "go!".

A few things...

  • These are being made of soft plastic, which means, when you get your bag of figures, there will be some warped pieces. I assume most of us know the "hot/cold" method, but I will put together a short video soon to help those of you who haven't been let in on this secret. If you have questions about the warping, or want to know more, please feel free to email me and I'll explain it the best that I can.

  • Pretty much all of our costs are finalized, so we'll be working on pinning down a final cost. I've been tossing around $16.95, and I'm fairly certain that's where we'll land when it's all said and done. Yes, it's expensive for a bag of "plastic", but we cut no corners in sculpting and production, and we feel that it's a fair price. As always, if you're curious about expenses, and how we came to that price, please feel free to email us. I might not go into specifics, but I can give you a good idea of what it costs to make a toy soldier.

No comments: