Sunday, March 3, 2019

past two years...

Back in 2015, I got a new job.  We also had our second child.  Knowing we were getting ready to move, I packed up my collection to ready it for a journey across the state.

Well, we didn't move for another year.  And when we did move, we ended up in a temporary location.  My collection sat idle in cardboard boxes.  I also made the decision to fully part with the remaining inventory of our Confederates.  I sent them in one big delivery to their new home in San Diego.  I did find a couple boxes in storage, so I've been selling them on ebay just to clear some space.

After a year in the temporary place, and a year getting settled into our new place, I finally feel good about tearing open these cardboard boxes, and seeing if I can get back into this hobby.

So I sit here, surrounded by little boxes of plastic toy soldiers that are somehow free of mice and bugs (the collection moved from garages, to storage units, to basements, and back to a garage), and try to remember how I collected all this stuff.  There are figures swimming around in here I don't even remember getting!!

But anyway, we'll see what I  can get up to in the next few days as I can organize it all.  I'll try to take some pictures and feature a few different sets.

No comments: