Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Another Flea Market Find

From left to right, Marx Untouchable, Gay Toys Civilian, Marx Untouchable

Awhile back, while going to a string of local flea markets and yard sales, I picked up a bag of old Marx and MPC figures, mostly G.I.s, Cowboys, and Spacemen.  Tucked down in the bag, was the schoolgirl you see in the middle of the picture above.  I've put her beside a couple Marx Untouchables for a size comparison.  She is nicely sculpted, and if not for the rather tall base, would be a pretty good scale match to Marx.

It took me awhile, but I finally got around to searching who she was made by, and where she came from.  Found out that she is from "Gay Toys", probably in the 60's, and was part of a 12 pose set.  Pretty fun little find, when all I was expecting was more MPC spacemen!!

No comments: