Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's Lemax Time!

We're officially getting into "Holiday" time at your local shopping spots, so it's a great time to keep an eye out for miniature village accessories from companies like Lemax.  I usually find them cheap at places like Kohls and Menards, and craft stores like Michael's and JoAnn's.  If you order them online, you usually pay way too much.  Stores like the ones I mentioned above usually have them at 25% off all the time, and then drop them to 50-75% off after the holidays.

Be sure to start checking now for "spooky town" stuff, like the fall trees and the rock walls and what-not.  It really helps bring a diorama to life.  Oh, and I know you're going to want all those houses too.  Forget it.  They don't really work that great with 1/32.  They are too small.  Stick with Hobby Bunker and Barzso for your building needs.


You'll never know what sort of accessories you might find lurking in the Christmas Village aisle.  I picked up a whole ton of statues, and I think they are awesome.  I usually use them for graveyards or town centers, as you can see in the picture below.

No comments: