Sunday, December 19, 2010

Here comes Santa Clause, Here comes Santa Clause...

I hope your Holiday season is getting off to a great start! Just a few more days until Christmas! You never know what sort of toy soldiers might be under your tree right now with your name on them! Some of my fondest Christmas memories are of unwrapping a new playset, pulling all the pieces out, and running up to my room to set it all up... and I wasn't even a kid at the time!!

A few things to pass on. If you haven't seen yet, Paragon Scenics is offering "Ambush", the other side of the canyon to go along with his first playset. You can see contents and price at his website. Also TSSD is stocked up on their Indian Casualties sets. You can see them here. They've also got a swarm of new Alamo buildings that are excellent. I've picked up several of them, and planning on making another order for myself soon. I've completely run out of room for all of my "Southwestern" style buildings, but I just can't help myself!

Though not in my realm of collecting, Hat has been amassing quite the Napoleonic army for awhile now. You can always check on their latest offerings (and offer your opinion as well) at their frequently updated blog.

We have slowed to a crawl around here. Or sped up to a crawl, depending on which family member you're talking about. All of our free time is spent on our new baby rather than devising ways to get more plastic soldiers into your hands. Now I understand why those safety tests are so important, and why our packaging has to have age warnings. The little guy will eat ANYTHING!! I'm fairly ashamed of the assortment of things I've had to fish out of his mouth while I'm the one watching him.

Oh, and I got a letter about the Indianapolis Show, which is coming right up. We'll be there, and we'll have a table FULL of stuff. I'm going to try to have a fairly good selection of stuff from a few other makers, so be sure to stop by if you make it.

Rock on, and Merry Christmas (or happy holidays, or joy to the world, or whatever phrase puts a smile on your face in the middle of winter).

oh, and one more thing. Somebody mentioned in a comment how they didn't want Napoleonics.... don't worry. Never even crossed my mind. Everything I know about the Napoleonic wars I learned from Woody Allen's "Love and Death" and "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure".

No comments: