Monday, April 19, 2010

Great Time at Indy Show

Thanks to EVERYONE who stopped by our table yesterday at the Indianapolis Toy Soldier show. We had a great time seeing several collectors again, and meeting several people for the first time. We got lots of compliments on our Confederates, as well as on the Traverse Dioramics scenic pieces we brought with us, which I've posted pictures of.

FYI, we passed along some of our bags to both The Marx-Man (John Stengel) and Warstore Collectibles (Gary Green). So if you see them at a show and you need some Confederate re-enforcements, you'll be in luck.

At the show I saw a lot of different things. Stacks and stacks of Marx playsets of various types, several types of the older metals, of which I claim no knowledge, and of course lots and lots of buckets of plastic! Ron Barzso was there with his new "Normandy Buildings". Very cool, stackable city/village buildings that can be used for a wide variety of eras. They are scaled perfectly for the larger 60mm figures as well. I bought a couple and filled them full of TSSD and Conte Germans as soon as I got home.

Jim Clouse was there with his battleboards, and they look amazing. Perfect for someone that needs a nice looking display board. And they are much lighter and more mobile than I expected them to be.

I also enjoyed seeing some of the new Collector's Showcase metals. The had a set of "Mosby's Raiders" that was stunning. Some of the best posing I've seen in Cavalry figures.

I want to thank Barry Carter for putting on such a fine show. It's wonderful having a show so close to us that attracts such a wide variety of vendors. We plan to be back again next year.

You can see pictures in our online gallery.

No comments: