Thursday, February 20, 2014

Some Older Star Wars Toy Soldiers

The news about the new Star Wars Command toy soldiers reminded me that I do have a few other figures from a Galaxy Far Far Away stashed in my collection.  I picked these up at an antique mall for cheap.  I have no idea where they came from.... maybe a board game??  All of the figures are based on The Phantom Menace, so they were probably first released around 1999 when the film was released, but that's just a guess.  There are about 20 different poses in all, with Sith done in pink (Pink????) and jedi done in bronze.  The sculpting is fairly good, if a little soft.  My pictures don't do them justice, as for some reason I didn't seem to get a good focus on them.  They are fairly decently sized to standard Army Men, as I've shown below.  If someone does know their origin, I'd love to know.  I'll try to get some better pictures of the rest of the poses posted soon.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Beau - yes the Star Wars figures are from a board game. Mines in the basement, can't recall its name at the moment, but I picked it up because of the figures, size and good detail.