Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Found My Conte Spartans

Wah Hah!!

I've been reorganizing my collection and storage bins and came across my Spartans which I had boxed up about a year ago.  It still amazes me how nice these figures are.  Pound for pound, these are probably the nicest figures ever done.  I don't know for sure, but I would assume that the Persians probably proved to be too expensive to produce.  I can't imagine the cost to produce these guys, what with all the moving parts.  Worth the price of admission even without a Persian horde to fight.

They seem to have kept their value really well.  I was seeing these at Chicago for $4 each.  You can still pick up the Bronze figures from the Conteco website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I also think they are the best plastic 1/32 ever made. I lookded forward to these style figures done in medieval or any other period but sadly, I don't think we will see this quality poseable plastic again.