Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On Making a Mess

Have you ever tried to really organize your collection, only to make a huge mess out of it all. That's exactly what I did last night. I started by taking a few figures off my display shelves to make room for some new foam (TSSD's New Alamo Building to be precise). And then I decided to go ahead and pull a lot of figures off my shelves to make room for even more foam that I had stored up in the top of my closet. I got about half way through the job when I realized that I didn't like what I was doing.... so now I have stuff everywhere.

My table, once the site of a grand Apache vs. Cavalry battle, is now home to piles and piles of stuff that I have no idea what to do with. Airfix all jumbled with Marx, Hat all jumbled with ACTA, 21st Century and ESCI scattered everywhere, tanks and horses and cannon all piled in on top of each other, and me sitting in the middle, realizing that I didn't leave a pathway through the junk to get out of my room. What a mess.

The moral of the story kids is to never attempt to clean your room. It'll only end in tears.

No comments: