Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Traverse Dioramics - NEW Scenics Co.

Wanted to let you know about the new company Traverse Dioramics. You've probably seen their new mountain pass at a few retailers, and this is the company behind it. I met Dave, the owner, at this past Chicago OTSN show, and immediately felt a kin-ship to him. We were two guys trying to start a new business in the middle of an economic recession!! I think we both spent the entire weekend scrambling from one dealer to another pitching our new products. I'm glad to see him with finished product, and the pictures look awesome!! I haven't seen it in person yet, but from what I hear, the Mountain Pass is a HUGE piece, good from any time period (might fit in well with your new Paragon Scenics Apache playset..... just sayin').
Stop by his website and check out what he's got coming. He does custom work as well, so let him build that foam piece you've always wanted.

1 comment:

Dave B said...

Beau,

Thank you for sharing our link with your readers and fellow collectors. And welcome to all who've popped over to our site! I'm really excited to be up and running and look forward to serving your scenic needs. And yes, I did spend most of the OTSN running and pitching...a crazy, but fun, weekend.

I have to say, it's also been great fun to follow the launch here at Cunnyngham, and just as I was contemplating my own start-up (strangely encouraging to know I wasn't the only crazy one, despite what my wife kept saying). I appreciate the posts sharing your process and progress. By all indications, from sculpt quality and attention to detail to a willingness to be innovative, you're off to a great start. Best of luck.

p.s. If any of you have requests for specific scenic/terrain pieces you'd like to see made available, stop by and drop me your request (using our contact form). With enough requests for a particular feature, I'll put it in our queue. Here's your chance to throw some weight around.